Saturday, August 4, 2007

I'm going to post an actual update soon, I swear.

I've been kind of busy, since I now have an actual job that pays actual money. Not as much money as I might want, especially since it's a job that has me lying on the grimy floor sweeping dog food out from under display racks with a cheap broom. I am working for Wal-Mart, or as I prefer to call it, Babylon. I wasn't a big fan of the company before hiring on with them, although I do admit there isn't anywhere else I can get cereal, pants, a Star Wars Transformer and a DVD copy of The Satanic Rites of Dracula all together at 3 in the morning.

And since I'm now in exile in Babylon, this is what I find myself thinking of.

Psalm 137

1 By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept
when we remembered Zion.

2 There on the poplars
we hung our harps,

3 for there our captors asked us for songs,
our tormentors demanded songs of joy;
they said, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!"

4 How can we sing the songs of the LORD
while in a foreign land?

5 If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
may my right hand forget its skill .

6 May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
if I do not remember you,
if I do not consider Jerusalem
my highest joy.



More regular updates to follow.

In the meantime, one thought: somebody needs to do a really high-quality remake of Blacula.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hated working at WM, dude. Do they pay you more since you have a degree? What exactly is your job? DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOUR SOUL!